- Not to be confused with The Joker/Suicide Squad.
|Rarity||Base Stats||Price||Obtained From|
|Gold||1,400/1,300||N/A||Achieving Top 5% In Online Battle Seasons, Suicide Squad Gold Pack, Eternal Enemies Batman v. Joker Pack, Nth Metal Ultimate Pack, Joker Celebration Pack, Ultimate Bundle Villains And Monsters, Ultimate Bundle Top Teammates|
|Basic Combo||Damage Pattern (% of damage stat)||Total (including Combo Ender)|
|Light (Combo Ender)||2% - 2% - 2% - (3%)||9%|
|Heavy||4% - 4%||8%|
Once per match (or twice with two more Suicide Squad teammates, just one has no effect), upon knocking out an opponent, The Joker takes control of the enemy character, of which they're revived at about 35% health. He cannot take control of modified characters, such as red boss cards in Bonus Battle 6.
When The Joker takes control of a character, they also get 0.5 bars of power, regardless of how much power The Joker or the character had prior to their defeat.
It is possible to knock out The Joker as he is doing the passive animation if he is already at critical health with tag-in stun effects (e.g. Cloak of Destiny or Bane/Luchador's passive), which only deal 1 damage. This will cause the green smoke effect to persist, despite not actually controlling any character.
Joker-controlled characters do not gain benefits from The Joker's or their own gear, but augments from the controlled character is still in effect. This is especially useful with characters who are typically crit augmented more than other characters such as The Arkham Knight, Deathstroke/Arkham Origins, The Flash/Metahuman, etc.
The Joker-controlled character has access to their own abilities. In Online Battles, they can use their own super move, although this is difficult. Inherent effects that are not part of their passive would still work, such as Harley Quinn's team damage boost and heal on SP2, which would affect Joker's entire team and the controlled Harley herself.
The Joker-controlled character generally cannot use their passives, with exceptions (see below).
|Hal Jordan/Red Lantern||Self-knockout due to Hal's passive will not trigger The Joker's passive. Joker-controlled Hal does not have any of Hal's passive effects - he can be power drained, only has 0.5 bars of power upon control like all other characters and more can only be gained by fighting, and using his specials only consume power and not health.|
|Aquaman/Prime||Atlantean Hero cannot be controlled directly, but a Joker-controlled Aquaman can summon his own Atlantean Hero (who would be at full health).|
|The Joker/Suicide Squad
The Joker Unhinged/Suicide Squad
|The random effect on s1 will still activate. He also can't control a character being controlled by an enemy Unhinged Joker.|
|Harley Quinn/Suicide Squad||Controlled Harley does not gain her passive's extra effects, but Bag-o-Tricks retains its higher rotation speed, and that 9 items will appear instead of the normal 7 despite this (e.g. one possible full rotation being Bomb - Flower - Picture - Bomb - Flower - Picture - Bomb - Flower - Picture, with starting item and thus subsequent sequence random).|
|Batman/Flashpoint||Crits gain Batman's red glow effect, but only from Batman's crit augments. Controlled Batman does not gain his estimated 5% global crit chance.|
|Nth Metal characters||Dark Power, despite not being part of their passives, does not appear when controlled.|
|Ares/The Merciless Metal||Displays the visual effects of the unblockable part of his passive, but does not actually grant its effects.|
|Catwoman/Batman Ninja||Does not use her tag-in attack when control begins.|
His special 1's description lists its min/max damage as 13%/26% of his damage stat, prior to upgrades (the norm is 20%/40%). It starts with a kick with min/max damage as 10%/20% of his damage stat followed by a shot which have one of the four random effects, and each comes with a visual effect:
- Poison: Deals 3%-6% damage initially, then poisons the target for 10%-20% damage total over 4 seconds. Gun glows green briefly.
- Power Drain: Deals 3%-6% damage. Drains 2 bars of power (100 units) from the opponent. Gun has electric sparks around it.
- Power Gain: Gives the Joker 1.5 bars of power, at the cost of not dealing damage on the gunshot. Gun has confetti around it and shoots out a "fake" bullet that turns out to be a flag with the word "Bang!" printed on it.
- Life Drain: Deals 2 hits of 3%-6% damage each, but Life Drain only applies to one of the hits. Gun glows red briefly.
Please note that battles are highly situational: this section only mentions cards that have mechanics that, for any reason, are particularly effective with/against, or particularly ineffective against The Joker. Having a card that "counters" The Joker does not mean it is always a good choice.
- Any other Suicide Squad characters: as described in his passive.
- Harley Quinn/Animated: The Joker cards on Harley's team receive +40% damage and power gen. This boosts The Joker's already strong damage stat and the power gen allows him to gain power quickly with his basic light-combo.
- Lord Joker/Batman Ninja: With the help of Lord Joker, Joker's Specials deal 20% Area-Effect Damage to the tagged out opponents.
- Aquaman/Prime: Both have the ability to summon minions, which can help protect them for a long period of time.
- Harley Quinn: Even a Harley controlled by Joker can use Bag-o-Tricks, which can heal or provide a damage boost to Joker's team (though not Joker himself).
- Joker/The Killing Joke: Knocking him out will provide the enemy team with full power, yet, if by chance the opponent will IMMEDIATELY use their special(s) right away on the stolen Joker, he will soak up the next damage instead.
- The Joker/Suicide Squad, The Joker Unhinged/Suicide Squad: Interestingly enough, both versions of The Joker can still utilize the various effects from their SP1 even when they are being controlled (despite the fact that it is attached to their passive).
- Raven/Prime: Both of his specials can only knockout a character out on the last hit, thus, ensuring that Raven's passive will be triggered due to this.
- Doomsday/Prime: Doomsday's passive will be activated even if he knocks out a Joker-controlled character, allowing him to gain back 50% of his health easily.
- Hawkgirl/Blackest Night: Same as above, although not as much health will be regained.
- Zod/Prime: Each knocked out teammate will heal him and increase his damage.
- Sinestro/Antimatter: Despite being able to take control of defeated opponents, Sinestro can easily force the opponent to tag out the character controlled by The Joker just by using an SP1, thus wasting one of his minions.
- Batgirl/Arkham Knight: Her rescues make it harder for Joker to knock out her Arkham teammates.
- Hawkgirl/Regime: She can disable specials on tag-in.
Here are Joker's abilities.
|Bang!||First Special||The Joker uses is customized gun to blow away his enemies. Comes with a random effect.||Rapid Swipe, Target|
|Tuned Up||Second Special||The Joker uses his crowbar to teach you his type of humor.||Rapid Tap,|
|Let's Be Serious||Super Move||A madman and his toys will always win. The Joker's savage wit is made manifest. UNBLOCKABLE.||Tap|
The Joker Unhinged's SP1 can only knockout the opponent with the gunshot. However, if there is a bleed active on the opponent, the kick can also knockout the opponent. This also means that, if there is no bleed active, and the power gain effect occurs, this special will not be able to knockout the opponent at all.
The Joker Unhinged can chain his heavy combo into his SP2, Tuned Up, albeit only the 1st hit will damage the opponent, and the rest will just hit the air. Do take note, however, that the SP2’s animation will be the non-blocking one.
The Joker Unhinged's SP2, Tuned Up, can only knockout the opponent on the last hit, similar to his SP1. However, with a bleed active on the opponent, the special would be able to knockout on all hits.
Support Cards and Gear
Here are The Joker's support cards and gear.
|Joker's Gang||Health||10% HEALTH BOOST.||3,000|
|Laughing Gas||Damage||10% DAMAGE BOOST.||4,000|
|Arkham Asylum||Energy||10% ENERGY REGENERATION.||5,000|
|Pistol (Comically Long Pistol)||Gear||
8% - 18% DAMAGE BOOST to Special 1
[The Joker] 15% - 25% POWERDRAIN chance on Special 2
[EVOLVED] DISABLE enemy Specials: 15% - 25% chance on Special 1
|25,000 - 1,000,000 (upgrading)|
|Time Capsule (Quake Engine)||Gear||
20% - 40% chance to POWER STEAL 100% of a Special 2's cost
Specials and DOTs +25% - +50% DAMAGE against an enemy with less than 1 POWER bar
[The Joker] Increases enemy Tag cooldown by 3 - 8 seconds
[EVOLVED] After an applied DOT finishes, 50% - 100% chance to retrigger the DOT on active enemy
|25,000 - 1,000,000 (upgrading)|
These stats are the final damage and health levels at level 50, per Elite rank, with ALL support cards, and without any augmentations. With the 2.13 update, Elite 8, 9, and 10 have been added. The Elite 10 damage and health levels are for level 60 characters. Numbers with a * after them may not be accurate, please allow for a discrepancy of '+1/-1' damage or health due to rounding inconsistencies in game code.
- There is a glitch in which if an enemy Joker Unhinged knock out character #1 and you try to switch to character #2 over character #3 as chosen by the system, you will end up with #3's portrait but with #2 as your active character, and #2's portrait would disappear entirely. #2 would only become available when #3 is knocked out.
- He is tied with the Soultaker Sword for the quickest Online Battle season repeats of all, being repeated only after one different season (the Soultaker Sword's) in between.
- He is the fourth character to have a different animation if the opponent blocks a special, preceded by Darkseid/Prime, Batman/Arkham Knight, and Superman/Injustice 2.
- He has the longest name in the game with 29 characters, tied with Martian Manhunter/Blackest Night (if spaces are counted).
- Both him and The Joker/Suicide Squad uses the same pistol as shown in their Super Move from their movie appearances.
- There is a glitch where if he knocks out a character and Reverse Flash has (technically) tagged in during the delay, he might perform Cellular Regeneration and be able to attack Joker himself while invisible.
- If both him and Deadshot are on your team, and if the opponent has at least one Suicide Squad character on their team, if Joker KOs that character, and if you were able to reach 250% damage on Deadshot's SP2, when you take control of the defeated character, that character is able to reach up to 250% damage on their special.
- He's the only humanoid character in the game to be entirely shirtless.
- Both his Damage stats (at maxed out: E7, LVL 50, and without any Augment) and Bane/Luchador's Damage stats (when maxed out and fully augmented) are the same, at 54,810.
- Both him and The Joker/The Killing Joke are the only Jokers to use a crowbar in their SP2s.
- Interestingly, The Joker's SP2 has such a long invincibility frame duration that even Batgirl/Cassandra Cain's passive has absolutely no effect upon tag-in.
- He shares the same base stats with Hal Jordan/Yellow Lantern and Hawkgirl/Earth 2.
- The Joker/Unhinged Suicide Squad used to have the highest base damage among The Joker cards, at 1400, before being surpassed by Lord Joker/Batman Ninja, who has a base damage of 1500.
- Previously a controlled Harley's heal did not affect the controlled Harley herself or Joker.