|Gold||750/850||148,000||Available in Store, Gold Booster Pack, Gotham City Pack, Villains Starter Pack, Gotham Pack, Gotham Gold Pack, Random Daily Login Bonus, Eternal Enemies Batman v. Joker Pack, Halloween Pack|
|Last Laugh: When the Joker gets knocked out, his opponent LOSES HEALTH.|
Insurgency Joker can be seen as one of the "starter" gold cards, being a common drop from Gold Booster Packs. While his base stats are one of the lowest in the game and his specials are slow and easily blocked, and that his special 2's bonus damage doesn't actually work and deals greatly reduced upfront damage (encouraging use of his Super Move), he is not without merits: he is readily available, and he has Joker's typical 4-hit heavy combo (giving him a bit more damage and power generation compared to old cards with standard combos). If all else fails, he works as an excellent throwaway character for tough nightmare challenge battles or bosses in later Standard Battle areas.
|Basic combo||Damage pattern (% of damage stat)||Total (including Combo Ender)|
|Light (Combo Ender)||2% - 2% - 2% - (3%)||9%|
|Heavy||4% - 4% - 4% - 4%||16%|
Upon being knocked out, his current opponent takes 40% of their maximum health as damage.
Although he is weak and not popular in Online Battle, his greatest use is for boss battles. He can greatly help new players deal with Standard Battle, Challenge Mode and Phantom Zone bosses who possess too gigantic health for beginner teams to defeat. With the release of area 8, particularly battle 56 (the one that leads up to Superman/Blackest Night), as well as the nerf to Raven/Prime's passive (bosses do not lose % health when health swapping, but only absolute health according to Raven's health), he becomes very useful in blowing off massive amounts of health against the solo bosses. This is especially true starting with Batman/Dawn of Justice (and unlike specials he cannot dodge Joker's passive), dealing over 300,000 damage (the boss card's apparent health stat is inaccurate and is about half of his real health).
He can be coupled with The Joker/Prime (30% max health damage upon KO) to take off 70% the total health of any boss. This is even more prominent with area 9. Harley Quinn/Animated is a great partner for him if players want to use him outside boss battles. The whooping 40% damage and power boosts make him a cheap, deadly and reliable attacker for any beginners. Later on, the Quake Engine can extend his usage by increasing enemies' tag cooldown and providing damage boost to special (especially for his SP2, which also has DOT and can make use of this gear's power steal and re-triggering DOT effects).
The Flash/Blackest Night's passive heals and gives power to any Blackest Night teammate affected by Joker's passive as if it is a DOT. In addition, the Killer Croc Companion Card EVOLVED will reduce his death damage for Suicide Squad characters if they are equipping it. This is most likely to be a bug or his death damage counted as poison.
Please note that battles are highly situational: this section only mentions cards that have mechanics that, for any reason, are particularly effective with/against, or particularly ineffective against The Joker. Having a card that "counters" The Joker does not mean it is always a good choice.
- Harley Quinn/Arkham Knight: When The Joker is knocked out, Harley gains full power. At the same time, Joker damages a portion of the enemy's health, resulting in a double whammy.
- Zod/Prime: Joker's defeat also triggers Zod's passive, allowing him to heal while damage is being dealt.
- Hawkgirl/Blackest Night: Same as above, except that Hawkgirl does not receive any damage boost.
- Batman/Batman Ninja: Batman receives less damage while outnumbered, and as such can cripple the opponent as they'll be more frail than him.
- Lord Joker/Batman Ninja: With the help of Lord Joker, Joker's Specials deal 20% Area-Effect Damage to the tagged out opponents.
- Harley Quinn/Animated: Harley's passive gives a +40% boost on power generation and damage to all The Joker's on her team, increasing their threat level.
- Characters with high health: If any of them KO The Joker, they will lose a significant percentage of their health, potentially leaving them in a more vulnerable state. Furthermore, his POISON DoT does an effective job at eating away health.
- Batman/Batman Ninja: Joker's defeat can help counter Batman's damage mitigation if needed.
- Solomon Grundy/Prime, Solomon Grundy/Regime, and Doomsday/Containment: They can all afford to be at low health and withstand The Joker’s passive.
- Raven/Teen Titans: Should her passive activate after knocking Joker out, she would recover from the damage he inflicts by gaining a large amount of health from the next opponent.
- Doomsday/Prime and Zatanna/Prime: When they KO the Joker (Zatanna must pick the Magician card from her s2), they can both heal for 50% of their maximum health after The Joker's passive damage, negating it.
- The Flash/Blackest Night: As stated in strategy.
- Any character or gear that can heal, as it will undo the damage Joker has dealt upon them.
Here are Joker's abilities.
|Bang!||First Special||The Joker uses a large gun to blow away his enemies.||Target|
|Acid Flower||Second Special||The Joker's flower sprays acid. ACID: Deals DAMAGE-OVER-TIME for 10 seconds and opponent takes 10% MORE DAMAGE.||Quick tap|
|Let's Be Serious||Super Move||A madman and his toys will always win. The Joker's savage wit is made manifest. UNBLOCKABLE.||Tap|
The Joker's SP2, "Acid Flower" erroneously states that it deals acid damage when it actually deals regular poison DOT like other typical special attacks.
Support Cards and Gear
Here are The Joker's support cards and gear.
|Joker's Gang||Health||10% HEALTH BOOST.||3,000|
|Laughing Gas||Damage||10% DAMAGE BOOST.||4,000|
|Arkham Asylum||Energy||10% ENERGY REGENERATION.||5,000|
|Pistol (Comically Long Pistol)||Gear||
8% - 18% DAMAGE BOOST to Special 1
[The Joker] 15% - 25% POWERDRAIN chance on Special 2
[EVOLVED] DISABLE enemy Specials: 15% - 25% chance on Special 1
|25,000 - 1,000,000 (upgrading)|
|Time Capsule (Quake Engine)||Gear||
20% - 40% chance to POWER STEAL 100% of a Special 2's cost
Specials and DOTs +25% - +50% DAMAGE against an enemy with less than 1 POWER bar
[The Joker] Increases enemy Tag cooldown by 3 - 8 seconds
[EVOLVED] After an applied DOT finishes, 50% - 100% chance to retrigger the DOT on active enemy
|25,000 - 1,000,000 (upgrading)|
These stats are the final damage and health levels at level 50, per Elite rank, with ALL support cards, and without any augmentations. With the 2.13 update, Elite 8, 9, and 10 have been added. The Elite 10 damage and health levels are for level 60 characters. Numbers with a * after them may not be accurate, please allow for a discrepancy of '+1/-1' damage or health due to rounding inconsistencies in game code.
- Upon being KO'd, the amount of health that the opponent lost from his passive will be counted as the total amount of damage that he dealt. Against boss cards at the very end of Standard Battle, this allows him to deal over 1 million damage, and if timed correctly (by tagging him to be immediately KO'ed), possible to do so with a tagged in time of 0:00.
- Both him and The Joker/Prime are the only ones with the exact same passive descriptions (although both reduce a different amount of health).
- As of 2.15, his passive is bugged and can only trigger properly if knocked out with basic attacks or super moves. If knocked out with a special, no damage is dealt. However, in update 2.17, this was fixed.
- So far, he's the only Gold character that can be obtained from the daily login bonus.