|Rarity||Base Stats||Price||Obtained From|
|Gold||1,200/1,200||365,000||Achieving Top 5% In Online Battle Seasons, Phantom Zone Reward (Veteran), The Flash Starter Pack, TV Pack, Character Bundle Flash TV, Nth Metal Ultimate Pack|
|Superspeed: Upon Special Attack or Supermove activation, Basic attacks temporarily triple in speed with a chance to be UNBLOCKABLE and do CRITICAL damage.|
Metahuman Flash is one of the most powerful basic combo attackers. His passive allows him to launch a flurry of unblockable crit basic attacks upon special use at unrivaled speed, taking down his opponents in a flash.
He cannot be unlocked. He can be obtained by ranking in the top 5% of players during certain Online Battle seasons. Otherwise, he is available in The Flash Starter Pack, which can only be purchased once for $19.99 and also comes with 135,000 Power Credits. He can also be obtained from the TV Pack.
|Basic combo||Damage pattern (% of damage stat)||Total (including Combo Ender)|
|Light (Combo Ender)||2% - 2% - 2% - (3%)||9%|
|Heavy||4% - 4% - 4%||12%|
He and Reverse Flash share an unique trait among other Flash: their heavy attacks knock the opponent back instead of down, probably to help his combo during his passive become more smoothly.
Upon passive activation, his basic attacks’ damage pattern changes to this one (do take note for the Crit chance as stated in this section):
|Basic combo||Damage pattern (% of damage stat)||Total (including Combo Ender)|
|Light (Combo Ender)||2% - 2% - 2% - 2% - 2% - 2% - 2% - 2% - 2% - (3% - 3% - 3%)||27%|
|Heavy||4% - 4% - 4% - 4% - 4% - 4% - 4% - 4% - 4%||36%|
When Superspeed is active, yellow lightning effects can be seen around him constantly. It doesn't triple his attack speed so much as dealing 3 hits with every attack, with a bonus ~20% crit chance. Black Adam's passive will interrupt him after every single hit for 3 times upon tag in. His normally one hit combo ender will also hit 3 times, allowing him to trigger Gauntlets of Azrael's/League of Assassins Adept Blade's life drain up to 3 times (Ra's Al Ghul's Scimitar only applies power drain once, whether it is normal or passive-enabled 3 hit combo enders). However, for reasons unknown, AI opponents tend to be able to block and interrupt his light basic attacks, to the point that it is quite unlikely to get the combo ender; this can still affect heavy attacks, although not as badly.
He gains greatly reduced power from using basic attacks during the passive duration, although other sources of gaining power including getting hit, Tantu Totem or The Master's Death Cart are unaffected. His opponent also gains much less power than normal from getting hit by his flurry of attacks (especially noticeable in Standard and Breakthrough where this normally grants a high amount of power).
Both special 1 and special 2 are viable for his passive. Special 1 allows you to use two triple combos. With 2 pieces of basic/crit gear, this should be about enough to knock out a character at similar stats. Special 2 grants a longer passive duration, and a combination of LexCorp Chest Armour V2 and LexCorp Helmet Armor V2 would make him quite tanky and improving his power generation indirectly, which he often struggles with. On the other hand, his special 2 has a large amount of hits which makes it likely for his opponent to gain enough power to retaliate with a special if they are not knocked out. The crit damage increase from the Helmet adds power to Flash's basic attacks while the Chest Armor's crit chance boost to basic attacks pretty much guarantees crit hits for Flash. In the face of new characters that can drain absurdly high amounts of power such as Batman Ninja Catwoman, the power drain Reversal will undoubtedly give Flash a huge advantage.
While his special 1 hits 4 times, should you find yourself in a situation when 4 unblocked hits will give your opponent just enough power to retaliate with an inconvenient special, it is possible to not swipe at all, which will cause it to only hit once, while still activating his passive; the massive damage output of his basics while it is active makes the lost damage insignificant. Additionally, Metahuman Flash applies gear DOT (like that from The Ibistick) on the one hit even if you don't swipe, which is unique; other Flash characters do not apply it if no swiping is done.
His superspeed combos are incredibly fast and deadly. However, because they strike multiple times in a single tap, you cannot stop them to block specials, thus making him vulnerable to specials when attacking. This can also be used to counter him, as right when he is about to attack, use a special attack and Flash cannot do anything to block it since he is in mid-combo.
Occasionally, when using a superspeed combo, Flash will not be knocked down by fast specials (e.g. Wonder Woman's Shield Toss) if he fails to block it.
Power generation gear can be considered to help him reach his SP1 faster.
The Tantu Totem could be advantageous to The Flash as it would allow him to activate his passive after he tags onto the battlefield. With this, it could be possible for The Flash to execute a special-basic-special-basic-etc. attack strategy. If the special KO's an opponent, the power refunded by the Totem would give The Flash an option to fire off another special (keeping his passive active) or release a quick burst of basic attacks followed by another special. If his passive-activated basic attacks deplete enough health, The Flash could perform another KO with his special attacks, refunding the power and continuing the process.
Cloak of Destiny may be tempting, but is a gimmicky pick as he needs to use a special first before his passive activates. It is possible to use a special, switch to another character to stun, and tag back in to take advantage of the damage boost, but it will waste much of his passive duration (special 1 doesn't even last long enough), requires too much set up and the stun effect will wear off mid-combo anyway. Its crit boost (combined with 2 pieces of basic damage/crit) does allow his crit basic attacks to hit just as hard as if he had 3 pieces of basic damage/crit however. It would work better if you have crit augments, but you will have a harder time against crit immunity (Green Lantern/Red Son, Batman/Arkham Knight).
Gears that increase crit damage, such as League Of Assassins Adept Hood or LexCorp Helmet Armor V2, may also be considered. Other LexCorp Set pieces can also be a good option, as while the 3-piece effect doesn't fit him well, the 2-piece effect (reversing power drain) is great for him.
The Heart of Darkness is also a viable option for Metahuman Flash. This is because the Heart of Darkness not only grants the highest amount of power generation in the game (rivaled only by the League of Assassins Adept Knives), but also because it deals Power Drain DoT to the enemy after usage of a Special, making it significantly harder for the opponent to use a Special for a significant period of time. The result is that Flash with the Heart of Darkness will have fast and reliable power generation whilst simultaneously using specials to prevent the opponent from gaining enough power, then drilling the enemy to oblivion with Flash's devastating basic attacks.
Please note that battles are highly situational: this section only mentions cards that have mechanics that, for any reason, are particularly effective with/against, or particularly ineffective against The Flash. Having a card that "counters" The Flash does not mean it is always a good choice.
- Any characters that boost power generation, such as Harley Quinn/Animated, or Green Lantern/Regime.
- Any Gear that grants unblockable and crit chance on basic attacks as this will enhance his passive even further letting him do lots of damage.
- Batgirl/Prime: Her one bar of starting power allows him to use SP1 at the beginning of a match.
- Superman/Red Son: He provides a large damage boost to his already powerful basic attacks. In fact, when combined with Wonder Woman/Red Son, Flash will have a 50% damage boost to his basic attacks and a 30% increase in power generation, allowing him to activate his passive sooner and deal a large amount of damage.
- Ares/Prime: If both Ares and The Flash's passives activate, then The Flash will have an even easier opportunity at drilling away at his opponents due to their brief inability to block.
- Batman/Prime: His passive gives a 25% increase in DAMAGE, which helps The Flash's passive.
- Wonder Woman/New 52: Her special attacks can give Flash POWER, allowing for Flash to utilize his passive.
- Characters and gears which can “evade” Specials, but not necessarily basic attacks.
- Reverse Flash: Although Reverse Flash's passive will be activated by Metahuman Flash's specials, he will still succumb to Barry's subsequent unstoppable flurry of basic attacks.
- Batman/Dawn of Justice, The Flash/Wally West Rebirth: Metahuman Flash's superspeed combos do not trigger their Evasion passives.
- Superman/Injustice 2: While the damage from Flash's special might be negated by Superman's passive, Flash can remove a large portion of Superman's high health with his very powerful basic attacks.
- Riddler's Staff and Mother Box: Their Blink effects cannot activate while Metahuman Flash rains a flurry of basic attacks.
- Zod/Man of Steel: Since General Zod's passive only lets him take 20% less damage from special attacks and super moves and does not mention anything about basic attacks, this makes Flash very effective against him.
- Killer Frost/Prime: Although Killer Frost can slow down his abilities to use specials with her passive, Flash has a near-unrivaled damage output from his SP1, meaning that he can make the most out of 1 bar of power despite her power dampening.
- Fourth World Set: His basic attacks can effectively neutralize the regeneration effects of the Fourth World Set, countering a large part of their value. Unlike most other characters who can do this, however, all of his specials and basic attacks are multi-hit, which also makes him good at countering the set's resurrection effect.
- Black Adam and Black Adam/Regime: While Flash's passive massively increase his attack speed, Black Adam's passive can interrupt his barrage of deadly basic attacks up to three times upon tag in. Black Adam Regime can also reflect a massive amount of damage if the Flash uses his SP1 to activate his passive against him.
- Superman/Godfall: His passive allows him to reflect back the damage dealt to him by basic attacks when he blocks. Though the Flash has a chance to use unblockable attacks, he would still receive back damage upon Superman's blocking.
- Characters who can power drain, such as Lex Luthor and Nightwing: Since Flash's passive is activated upon using his Specials, these characters can quickly prevent him from reaching his full potential.
- Killer Frost/Prime: Killer Frost slows his power generation with both her passive and special 1, causing him to take longer to reach SP1.
- Green Lantern/Red Son, Batman/Arkham Knight: Their passives grant immunity to critical hits, negating the increased crit chance of Flash's triple speed combos and decreasing his overall damage output.
- Nightwing/Regime: Nightwing's passive let him takes 50% less damage from Flash's punishing basic attacks and has a power drain SP1, allowing him to stall Flash from using specials.
- Sinestro/Antimatter: A possible choice, as Sinestro can force the Flash to tag out with his passive, thus cancelling it. He can also drain Flash of his power, preventing him from using his special attacks and therefore, his passive in the first place.
- Superman/Blackest Night: His immunity to unblockable attacks reduces the threat from Flash's superspeed combos. Combined with blocking and damage reduction gear, Blackest Night Superman can block Flash's attacks without taking much damage.
- The Flash/Blackest Night and Batman/Gaslight: Both characters may cause Flash’s basic attacks to miss. Batman/Gaslight’s bat swarm triggers temporarily upon teammate tag-in. The Flash/Blackest Night is capable of counterattacking a missed attack from Flash, increasing the threat even further, as Flash’s basic attacks triple not only in speed and damage, but in hits as well.
Here are Flash's abilities.
|Lightning Kick||First Special||The Flash deals a series of ultra quick kicks, temporarily increasing his attack speed (by 15%).||Rapid Swipe|
|Fast Enough||Second Special||Barry darts forward for a supersonic strike.||Rapid Tap|
|Speed Zone||Super Move||Run, Barry run! UNBLOCKABLE||Tap|
Flash’s SP2, “Fast Enough”, can be chained from his heavy basics.
Support Cards and Gear
Here are The Flash's support cards and gear.
|Altered Perception||Health||10% HEALTH BOOST.||3,000|
|Lightning Quick||Damage||10% DAMAGE BOOST.||4,000|
|Speed Force||Energy||10% ENERGY REGENERATION.||5,000|
|Hyperspeed Suit (Hyperspeed Plated Suit)||Gear||
8% - 18% POWER GENERATION increase
[The Flash] 15% - 25% UNBLOCKABLE chance on basic attacks
[EVOLVED] 20% - 30% CRIT chance on Special 1
|25,000 - 1,000,000 (upgrading)|
These stats are the final damage and health levels at level 50, per Elite rank, with ALL support cards, and without any augmentations. With the 2.13 update, Elite 8, 9, and 10 have been added. The Elite 10 damage and health levels are for level 60 characters. Numbers with a * after them may not be accurate, please allow for a discrepancy of '+1/-1' damage or health due to rounding inconsistencies in game code.
- He's based on Grant Gustin's portrayal of The Flash in The Flash (2014 TV series). His special 2 is named after the season 1 finale, "Fast Enough".
- His Injustice 2 Mobile equivalent is Multiverse The Flash.
- Grant Gustin was unaware of the mobile version of Injustice: Gods Among Us or the inclusion of his image as a character prior to being sent a screenshot of The Flash Starter Pack.
- He is the first character to have their Super Move description completely changed; its description is a reference to a repeated line from The Flash TV series.
- The name of his passive is very similar to Superman/Prime's "Super Speed" passive.
- His passive is affected by a variety of glitches.
- If you activate his special(s), quickly attack the opponent with basic attacks, and then switch in/tag in another character right away, the Flash would still be there for a short period of time, and after he's finished with his "combo", he will switch out. This will also happen if he is knocked out mid combo.
- During his Superspeed combos, it is possible to activate a special, but not actually performing it at all.
- AIs are often able to block or use specials even while being hit (unblocked) by his Superspeed combos, particularly his light combos.
- He was soon brought back only six weeks after his first release due to popular demand. However, the title for the shortest Online Battle season rewards goes to The Joker Unhinged/Suicide Squad, who was brought back only a week after he was first aired.
- He is potentially the fastest character in the game.
- He has the same base stats as Sinestro/Antimatter.
- In the 2.12 update, there is a speed logo that will appear when his passive his active, and disappear when it is not.
- He is the only Flash character to have uniquely styled lightning effects in his basics and specials.