Teams could broadly be used to refer to any team of three characters, but it could also be used to groups of character who share the same or similar prefixes and often have passives that interact with each other, which include:
- Batman Ninja
- Blackest Night (Martian Manhunter/Blackest Night and Doomsday/Blackest Night's passives do not uniquely affect other Blackest Night characters, but will count as a Blackest Night character for their passives)
- Earth 2
- New 52 (Green Lantern/New 52, Nightwing/New 52, and The Flash/New 52's passives do not uniquely affect other New 52 characters, but will count as a New 52 character for Shazam/New 52's passive.)
- Rebirth (Jessica Cruz/Rebirth's passive is affected by Green Lantern teammates instead, and half of Raven/Rebirth's passive is described to be affected by Rebirth teammates but is currently nonfunctional)
- Red Son
- Suicide Squad
There are also characters who share the same prefix but do not interact with each other:
Some characters have passives that only interact with specific characters, but don't share the same prefix:
- Jessica Cruz/Rebirth extends her SP2 for each additional Green Lantern teammates.
- Wally West/Rebirth also increases his evasion chance for each additional The Flash characters on his team (beside Rebirth characters).
- Superman/New 52 receive damage mitigation for each Justice League member on his team.
- Wonder Woman/New 52 gives Justice League teammates power when she activates a special.
- Shazam/New 52 provides basic damage boost and damage reduction to Justice League teammates (beside New 52 ones).
- Lord Joker/Batman Ninja helps his Gunner teammates' specials to deal area effect damage. Gunner characters are Harley Quinn, Lobo, Deathstroke, Deadshot and The Joker.
- Harley Quinn/Arkham Knight gains 3 bars of power immediately when a Joker teammate is knocked out.
- Harley Quinn/Prime grants her and Joker damage boost if they are in the same team.
- Harley Quinn/Animated gives additional damage and power generation boosts, for a total of 40% each, for Joker characters.
- Wonder Woman/600 gives damage and power boost to female characters.