|Gold||850/950||182,000||Available in Store, Gold Booster Pack, Tag Team Pack|
|Charged Sticks: Upon tag-in, Nightwing's basic attacks deal 100% INCREASED DAMAGE for 3 seconds.|
|Basic combo||Damage pattern (% of damage stat)||Total (including Combo Ender)|
|Light (Combo Ender)||2% - 2% - 2% - (3% - 3%)||12%|
|Heavy||4% - 4% - 4% - 4%||16%|
Nightwing New 52 is a gold character with fairly low stats and a rather negligible passive. However, as a Nightwing character, he does have a two-hit combo ender and a strong SP1 Power Drain. His passive is nice to finish off opponents in combat and to catch opponents off guard when they are in the middle of attacking.Between his lack of basic damage mitigation and short lasting passive, it's best to employ hit-and-run tactics with Nightwing: tag-in, do as much damage as possible, and tag-out at first availability. This playstyle makes the most of his passive and his screen time.
Since it's best to constantly cycle Nightwing in and out of a match, it's best to give him damaging boosting gear, gear that grants critical chance on basic attacks, and heal on SP1 gear. This gives him survivability and allows Nightwing to make the most of his screen time. Additionally, gear that grants unblockable chance on basic attacks is highly recommended since it could ensure his first combo after tag-in deals the most damage.
A solid loadout for Nightwing could be his signature Powered Eskrima Sticks and Mutated Bone Spikes/Knife Collection, followed either of the following: Blade of the War God, Promethium Longsword, Netherrealm Kama, or Custom Rifle.
One last suggestion, since his SP2 does six hits and and hit multiple enemies, it could be beneficial to give critical chance on SP2 gear or lifedrain on SP2 gear.
Please note that battles are highly situational: this section only mentions cards that have mechanics that, for any reason, are particularly effective with/against, or particularly ineffective against Nightwing. Having a card that "counters" Nightwing does not mean it is always a good choice.
- Hawkgirl/Prime: Her passive lets you tag in more often; as such, it's a good strategy to use another character with passive that is activated upon tagging in.
- Superman/Red Son: Superman can greatly increase the damage of Nightwing's basic attacks.
- Green Arrow/Arrow, Martian Manhunter/Prime: Both have combo enders that have a chance incapacitate their opponent (Freeze Arrow for GA and STUN for MM). This allows Nightwing to make the most of his tag-in passive before time runs out. Furthermore, Green Arrow may be of slightly higher value since his Freeze Arrow can immobilize characters with stun immunity.
- Shazam/Prime: Nightwing is a great "annoyance" card with possibly the most frustrating basic attack/block combos to fight against. Although Shazam's stats are spectacular, he is always looking for the super move and Ground Sparks would make it take painfully long.
- Sinestro/Antimatter: Nightwing is an excellent power drainer, plus, upon tag in, his basic attacks are increased by 300%, thus, if lucky enough, he can retaliate against Sinestro's SP1 before he gets the chance to use it.
- Harley Quinn: Nightwing can potentially chain infinite heavy combos against Harley Quinn, as his heavy combo will only knock her back, and her slow recovering cartwheel allows him to begin another heavy combo while she is in the process of recovering.
- Black Adam/Regime: If Black Adam still has his Lightning Shield activated, tagging in Nightwing is not a good idea. Since Nightwing's basic attacks are boosted, this also means that he will do more damage to himself. In addition, the new update makes special 1 used against Black Adam to cause the aggressor to take double damage. Basically, until Black Adam's shield is down, Nightwing is left without any viable options.
- Any characters who are immune to power drain.
- Batman/Gaslight: He can throw a fire grenade when Nightwing tags in.
Here are Nightwing's abilities.
|Ground Sparks||First Special||Nightwing pummels his target with electrified kali sticks. DRAINS POWER.||Rapid tap|
|Lone Bird||Second Special||Nightwing unleashes a sequence of hard-hitting kali stick attacks.||Rapid Swipe (x2)|
|Dark as Night||Super Move||Motorcycles? Cool. Staves? Cool. Motorcycles and staves? Super cool. Go, Nightwing, go. UNBLOCKABLE.||Tap|
Support Cards and GearEdit
Here are Nightwing's support cards and gear.
|Acrobat||Health||10% HEALTH BOOST.||3,000|
|Escrima Master||Damage||10% DAMAGE BOOST.||4,000|
|Shadowy Mentor||Energy||10% ENERGY REGENERATION.||5,000|
|Eskrima Sticks (Powered Eskrima Sticks)||Gear||
50% - 70% DAMAGE BOOST to basic attacks
[Nightwing] 15% - 25% UNBLOCKABLE chance on basic attacks
[EVOLVED] 35% - 45% CRIT chance on basic attacks
|25,000 - 1,000,000 (upgrading)|
|Nightwing's Ninjato (Brandished Ninjato)||Gear||
Retarget 60% - 90% of enemy AoE DAMAGE to wielder of this item with 50% DAMAGE absorb
20% - 40% MAX HEALTH increase
[Nightwing] Reflect 6% - 16% DAMAGE
[EVOLVED] Give 150% - 300% of received AoE damage as POWER
|25,000 - 1,000,000 (upgrading)|
These stats are the final damage and health levels at level 50, per Elite rank, with ALL support cards, and without any augmentations. With the 2.13 update, Elite 8, 9, and 10 have been added. The Elite 10 damage and health levels are for level 60 characters.