|Gold||1,325/1,325||445,000||Challenge Mode, Challenge Booster Pack, Most Wanted Pack , Rebirth Jessica Cruz Early Access Pack, Special Challenge Booster Packs, Nth Metal Pro Pack, Character Bundle Darkseid War|
|Lantern's Might: Each Green Lantern on her team extends her Special Attack 2 by one hit and adds combat effects. Her combo ender has a chance for Kilowog to put the opponent in stasis with his ring.|
Jessica Cruz/Rebirth is a character that was introduced in the 2.13 Update. With balanced and high Health and Damage stats, a passive that augments her second special even further when paired with other Green Lanterns, and the slowest yet most devastating combo ender of all, Jessica Cruz Rebirth is a definitive Emerald Knight of our universe.
|Basic combo||Damage pattern (% of damage stat)||Total|
|Light (Combo Ender)||2% - 2% - 2% - (3% - 3% - 4% - 4% - 4% - 4%)||28%|
|Heavy||4% - 4% - 4% - 4%||16%|
Jessica Cruz can be a very effective damage-dealing card if used correctly. The first part of her passive allows her to benefit from other Lanterns on her team, while the second part gives her a chance to Stun on her combo-ender. Most versions of Green Lantern will work, however, Hal Jordan/Red Lantern and Hal Jordan/Yellow Lantern do not count towards her passive, but Sinestro/Green Lantern does. This is despite the fact that the former is technically classified as a Green Lantern card by Support cards and Gear, while the latter is classified as a Sinestro card.
Her SP2 starts with wrist gun shots (10% x 4), a lasso slam (10%), and batting a baseball (10%); this is the part that is always performed regardless of teammates, adding up to the normal base minimum damage of 60% on a SP2 (prior to any upgrades, minigame, or other boosts). This is followed by a rocket (10%) that snares the opponent (if she has at least 1 GL teammate), and finally a sawblade (5% + 4% x 7) for a total of 103%. This is followed by a Bleeding at 0.5% of her damage stat per second, over 10 seconds, for a total of 5% (this confers bleeds' universal damage boost to the last hit of sawblade, increasing it to 4.8% minimum). This buff remains even if the Green Lantern teammates are knocked out.
The sawblade can apply gear DoT 8 times, meaning that with only The Ibistick and the saw blade's bleed damage increase, her SP2 can additionally deal 96% damage of enemy max health, the strongest in the game. However, this has a critical weakness compared to other Ibistick users - it only applies gear DoT 1 time if blocked.
She can also chain her heavy combo with her SP2, making it unblockable. It is worth noting that, after her combo ender and after her special 2, she is unable to block for a second, leaving her vulnerable to special(s) from characters tagging in.
The second part of her passive gives her combo ender a chance for calling in Kilowog to perform a Stun on her opponent (and dealing 2 damage), similar to Deadshot's combo ender, albeit at a much higher chance (~30%, versus Deadshot's ~10%). Her first stun seems to occur at a very high chance, akin to Batman/Dawn of Justice's first evasion. If the entire combo is blocked, Kilowog cannot appear. However, it is possible for Kilowog to stun the opponent even if they started a special during her combo ender, which negates its damage, but not the chance to stun. This stun lasts for 4 seconds.
The stun appears to only affect the main health, and this can be shown when Kilowog comes in for the stun against an opponent with 1 health point while they are equipped with the Astro-Harness that has triggered its Power Shield. The character will be knocked out regardless of the amount of Power Shield. Lastly, when you manage to knock out an opponent with the 1st hit of her combo-ender, the next opponent who tags in is unable to do anything, vulnerable to her combo ender.
Jessica Cruz backs off slightly while charging her combo ender, which in rare occasions may evade special attacks with very short range (while her combo enders are in turn negated by the special attack's immunity); if another opponent tags in right as the combo ender finishes, Kilowog may stun that opponent even if they are not hurt by the combo ender initially.
When it comes to effectively gearing her, her immensely powerful light basic combo and SP2 should be considered. Power generation gears such as The Ibistick will allow her to use her SP2 more often, and therefore to activate her passive; additionally, SP2-boosting gears such as the Fourth World Godly Mace could also be considered. Gauntlets of Azrael have immense synergy with her, as her combo ender can deal massive amounts of damage and heal her whole team for extremely high amounts of HP. Overpowered 5-U-93-R also synergizes strongly with her as it boosts her already devastating basic attacks and the chance of life drain on combo ender will stack with that of the Gauntlets of Azrael. Do note that her basics, if blocked, leave you vulnerable for a second.
In a full Green Lantern team, her SP2 can apply burn DOT from gears such as The Ibistick ~8 times, making her a lethal weapon against bosses and high health enemies. Since her SP2 is fully ranged, The Master's Death Cart can further enchant this strategy, destroying even the toughest foes that aren't immune to DOT.
Because her SP2 is very powerful and has so many hits, Tantu Totem and The Master's Death Cart are destructive on her, granting almost 2 bars of power per tag-in, restoring power when SP KO or deal no damage, as well as extra crit chance on both specials, allowing her to wreck the entire team with barrage of SP2, especially on a full Green Lantern team. Astro-Harness can also enhance her survivability, as none of her Green Lantern teammates are relatively as good of a combatant as she is.
There are many more ways to utilize her unique passive; that, however, is left to how creative the player is in using her ability.
Please note that battles are highly situational: this section only mentions cards that have mechanics that, for any reason, are particularly effective with/against, or particularly ineffective against Green Lantern. Having a card that "counters" Green Lantern does not mean it is always a good choice.
- As mentioned above, other Green Lanterns, specifically:
- Green Lantern/Regime: Despite being a silver character, his large power generation boost can allow Jessica Cruz to use her SP2 more often (and deal more hits).
- Wonder Woman/600: Similar to above, her large power gen boost can allow Jessica to user her SP2 more often, and the increased damage will make her combo-ender more effective.
- Superman/Red Son: His large boost to basic attacks can make Jessica's 6-hit combo-ender immensely more powerful, especially with another Red Son teammate like Green Lantern/Red Son (who also counts towards Jessica's passive).
- Superman/New 52, Wonder Woman/New 52 & Shazam/New 52: Jessica Cruz counts as a Justice League member for their passives.
- Other Rebirth characters, especially:
- Raven/Rebirth: Her long combo ender can allow Raven to tag in immediately after and steal power.
- Wally West/Rebirth: His power generation boost allows Jessica to use her devastating SP2 more frequently. Note that this will sacrifice an additional Green Lantern, only capping her SP2 at the rocket snare.
- Doomsday/Containment: Her SP2 will have a lot of hits when combined with other Lanterns, effectively shredding through his resurrections.
- Raven/Prime: Jessica's long SP2 has a chance to trigger Raven's passive twice, and thus, wasting it.
- Killer Frost/Prime: Similar to the above reason, Jessica Cruz doesn't necessarily need to use her special(s), while having the longest and most amount of hits for a Combo ender would also grant her power fairly easily in that regard.
- Characters and gears which “evade”/negate Specials, but not powerful basics.
- The Flash/Reverse Flash: Despite his well-known status of regenerating back lost health if a Special is used on him, instead, due to Jessica's other abilities to use her powerful Combo-ender, coupled with Reverse Flash's "low" stats, it can be quite easy for Jessica to KO him.
- Batman/Dawn of Justice: Jessica's basic attacks can inflict heavy damage without triggering Batman's passive. Furthermore, with her chance to stun on combo ender, a stunned Batman cannot evade special attacks, leaving him especially vulnerable.
- Wally West/Rebirth: Same as above.
- Superman/Injustice 2: Jessica can deal devastating amounts of damage with her basic attacks alone, which mean nothing to Superman's invulnerability.
- Riddler's Staff, and Mother Box: Their “Blink” effects cannot activate when Jessica Cruz uses her punishing combo-ender.
- Green Lantern/John Stewart: If the end of Jessica's combo ender stuns Green Lantern or any of his teammates at the exact time their shield goes up, the stun will remain on them, waiting out their shield and making them useless for its duration as they can't counterattack. Also, when paired with Green Lantern teammates, Jessica Cruz's SP2 is long enough to bypass the invulnerability duration if the initial hits of the special trigger it.
- Raven/Prime: On the other hand, more hits mean more opportunities for Raven to activate her passive.
- Superman/Injustice 2: His passive could negate any special damage while in stasis.
- Batman/Dawn of Justice, The Flash/Wally West Rebirth, The Flash/Reverse Flash, Riddler's Staff, and Mother Box: All five have a chance to dodge Jessica's entire SP2 and its effects, and Batman as well as Wally West can counterattack as well, turning her own passive against her.
- Static/Prime: A rather different case, but still, can be a threat against Jessica Cruz's relenting Special 2 with his Blocking passive.
- Wonder Woman/Prime: Also same as her Regime counterpart, if she blocks 3 times, that'll allow her passive to be of greater use.
- Solomon Grundy/Boss: Her multi-hit combo ender is more likely to activate Grundy's passive faster, getting him to x10 damage relatively quickly.
- Green Lantern/John Stewart: If the end of Jessica's combo ender stuns Green Lantern or any of his teammates at the exact time their shield goes up, the stun will remain on them. However, they will be protected while helpless.
- The Flash/Blackest Night: If Jessica is paired with 2 Green Lantern teammates and uses her SP2 on Flash, he will simply regenerate and gain large amounts of power from the Bleeding effect. He also has a chance to interrupt her basic attacks, making it more difficult for her to activate her combo ender.
- Batman/Gaslight: His bat swarm DOT on teammates tag-in can cause her powerful basic attacks to miss.
- Black Adam/Regime, Black Adam/Prime, and The Joker/The Batman Who Laughs Metal: While their passives are active, they will interrupt her light basic combo on the first hit, making it harder to use her combo ender. Additionally, although it looks like the "arrow rain" from her combo ender is launched simultaneously, it is still a sequence - if Black Adam tags in right before the "arrow rain", he will only take 1 hit and his passive will interrupt it, preventing her from launching the rest.
- Shazam/New 52: More hits will likely activate his passive, allowing him to return with his devastating powers. He will also be immune to stun throughout, negating half her passive.
- Batman/Beyond: He is immune to stun.
- Green Lantern/Red Son: Same as above but can share his immunity to stun and also critical damage to Red Son teammates, rendering her combo ender completely useless.
- Batman/Arkham Knight: He can make himself immune to critical hits or DOTs. He can still be stunned though.
- Nightwing/Regime: He takes less basic damage, and he can prevent her from using her powerful SP2 with power drain.
Here are Jessica Cruz's abilities.
|Battering Ram||First Special||Jessica Cruz Jessica Cruz materializes a battering ram, then slams it into her target. DRAINS OPPONENT'S POWER.||Rapid Swipe,|
|Getting the Hang of This||Second Special||Jessica Cruz assaults her victim with a construct barrage.||Rapid Swipe,|
|Beware My Power||Super Move||Jessica Cruz unleashes a beatdown through the power of his ring. UNBLOCKABLE.||Tap|
Upon release, her SP1 never said to drain any power before the description was updated. Even up till now, it has never actually drained power in the first place.
BOTH of Jessica Cruz’s Specials can be chained from heavy basics, albeit some discrepancies for her SP1.
For reasons unknown, it appears that the bonus parts of her SP2 are unable to crit even with SP2 crit chance.
Support Cards and Gear
Here are Green Lantern's support cards and gear.
|Guardians||Health||10% HEALTH BOOST.||3,000|
|Lantern Corps||Damage||10% DAMAGE BOOST.||4,000|
|Power Battery||Energy||10% ENERGY REGENERATION.||5,000|
|Green Power Ring (Supercharged Green Power Ring)||Gear||
BLOCKING stops 12% - 22% more damage
[Green Lantern] 15% - 25% chance to REFLECT SPECIAL 2 while blocking
[EVOLVED] DISABLE enemy Specials: 15% - 25% chance on Special 1
|25,000 - 1,000,000 (upgrading)|
These stats are the final damage and health levels at level 50, per Elite rank, with ALL support cards, and without any augmentations. With the 2.13 update, Elite 8, 9, and 10 have been added. The Elite 10 damage and health levels are for level 60 characters. Numbers with a * after them may not be accurate, please allow for a discrepancy of '+1/-1' damage or health due to rounding inconsistencies in game code.
- Her artifacts are Buckle, Gloves, Ring, Boots, and Eye Patch.
- She is the sixth character chronologically to have a different main name, following Zod/Man of Steel, Batman/Beyond Animated, The Flash/Reverse Flash, Hal Jordan/Red Lantern, and The Joker Unhinged/Suicide Squad.
- Additionally, she's the second character chronologically to have their main name be completely different, following her fellow lantern, Red Lantern Hal Jordan.
- She is the only character to be of the opposite gender of the base character (Green Lantern).
- Jessica Cruz is the only Green Lantern character to have a completely different SP1. She is also the only character in the whole game to be a complete odd-one-out alongside Batman/Gaslight, who also had a different SP1 name (all versions of Harley Quinn have different SP1s but the same SP2, while two Deathstroke characters use Sword Spin and three use Point Blank). However, Gaslight Batman has since been joined by Batman/Batman Ninja in having Piercing Darkness as their SP1.
- Moreover, she doesn't have the "usual" Green Lantern's pose, but rather very similar to Wonder Woman’s lasso stance from the console version; in addition, her SP2 also includes a lasso slam move (reminiscent of Wonder Woman/Dawn of Justice's SP2), though the weapon is replaced by an energy-constructed whip.
- Being the first female Green Lantern, she is the only character other than Wonder Woman characters who benefit from both Wonder Woman/600 and Wonder Woman/New 52's passives.
- Her passive summons Kilowog, a fellow Green Lantern who is also one of the Alliance Credits Support cards.
- She had the longest combo-ender in the game at six hits, before being overtaken by Deathstroke/Flashpoint at 7 with 2 Flashpoint teammates. The previous record-holders were The Arkham Knight, Deadshot, Harley Quinn/Arkham Knight, and The Flash/Metahuman during his passive, who all had three-hit combo enders. She can also deal the largest amount of damage in one basic combo (heavy or light) without any damage boosts or passives, at 28% of her damage stat. The previous record-holder was The Arkham Knight, who deals 22% of his damage stat on his heavy combo. While The Flash/Metahuman might technically deal more on his heavy combos (36%), that only occurs after activation of his passive.
- If an opponent Jessica Cruz successfully performs her combo ender and summons Kilowog while the player character is using a melee special attack out of range, Kilowog can interrupt the special attack midway with his stasis beam.
- She is the second gold character whose base stats are not divisible by 50, following Hawkgirl/Blackest Night.
- There was a glitch that occurred when players who entered her Challenge mode early (when she was first released for a week) would start her Challenge at "Expert" difficulty right away, but it was later on fixed.
- There was also another glitch that when the 2.14 update came out, Jessica Cruz cost 47,000 Power Credits per promotion, this was later fixed.
- If her stasis effect is prevented (e.g., by Invulnerability), the next time the target is stunned by another source, the stasis animation would play.
- Kilowog's stasis-beam is visually attached to her current opponent; if they are knocked out before he leaves, the beam would become attached to her next opponent, but does not stun them.