|Rarity||Base Stats||Price||Obtained From|
|Gold||1,050/1,400||N/A||Achieving Top 5% In Online Battle Seasons, Blackest Night Doomsday Pack, Nth Metal Pack, Nth Metal Ultimate Pack, Halloween Pack, Halloween Bundle, Ultimate Bundle Villains And Monsters|
|Dark Momentum: While Tagged in, Doomsday’s Special Attacks builds up over time to do a total of 2x damage.|
Doomsday Blackest Night is the ultimate destructive monster. Being one of the Blackest Night characters, he can prove to be an immense powerhouse in his own right when paired with the right teammates and gears. However, he can only be obtained either by ranking in the top 5% or higher for certain Online Battle seasons, or through his limited-time pack.
|Basic combo||Damage pattern (% of damage stat)||Total (including Combo Ender)|
|Light (Combo Ender)||2% - 2% - 2% - (3%)||9%|
|Heavy||4% - 4% - 4%||12%|
He gains damage boosts on specials every 7 seconds that he remains in play from either the start of the match (if he's the first character) or upon his tagging in. At minimum damage, his specials will deal an additional 33%, 66%, and 99% damage for the three stacks (at three stacks, his specials will do 1.99x, not 2x damage). The counter to gain the first or each additional boost will reset upon tag-out, but any boost he has acquired will remain for the entire match, even upon use of a special. Like most damage boosts, it stacks additively with other damage boosts, including the special's minigame.
Because Doomsday has a low base damage, and a huge innate special damage boost, it's recommended to focus crit build instead plain damage boost, as crit can multiply his passive, while plain damage boosts are just based on his low damage stat. He is also a good candidate for damage and both crit augments to remedy his low base damage, thanks to his already high damage boost from passive.
He can also chain both his SP1 and SP2 off of his heavy basic attack.
As his added damage is dependent upon remaining in play, gear focused on increasing his longevity is a good idea. The full Fourth World Set can give him a powerful regen effect on SP1 and has effects that increase his total health, along with the effectiveness of blocking, in addition to a chance of other odd defensive benefits occurring due to its various effects. Riddler's Staff offers a health increase and a chance to evade incoming SP1 attacks. His own gear, Mutated Bone Spikes, offers a heal on SP1.
A good possible setup is LexCorp Helmet V2 and LexCorp Chest Armor V2. The LexCorp Set 2-piece effect can reverse the effect of power drain, which can otherwise render Doomsday's passive ineffectual even if he remains in play. While not boosting health in the same way, the set does offer its own effects that bolster blocking. Due to his strong inherent special damage, the LexCorp Chest Armor V2 is recommended for its life drain to take advantage of it. For the third piece, since stacking special damage additively essentially has diminished returns, it is recommended to take special crit; Tantu Totem if you have it, but Demonic Cloak is a decent substitute.
After having access to augment, Tantu Totem and The Master's Death Cart is the best offensive setup for him. He can chain his SP2 from the Cart's tag-in shots, not to mention if Batman/Blackest Night is his teammates, those shots will have a chance to be Unblockable as well. It should be noted that Doomsday has the best SP2 among the Blackest Night characters: high damage (from passive), can be chained from heavy combo, medium ranged (enough to be chained from The Master's Death Cart's shots without missing any hit), multiple hits, multiple possible KO, and isn't shortened against block (unlike The Flash/Blackest Night). Astro-Harness is the best choice for the remaining gear slot, as Invulnerability can help him buy time to build up his passive.
Please note that battles are highly situational: this section only mentions cards that have mechanics that, for any reason, are particularly effective with/against, or particularly ineffective against Doomsday. Having a card that "counters" Doomsday does not mean it is always a good choice.
- Other Blackest Night characters as mentioned above.
- Batman/Blackest Night: When teamed up, Doomsday can have up to 30% chance to break the opponents' block on any attack, making his specials nothing short of terrifying, especially his multi-hit SP2.
- Hawkgirl/Blackest Night: Hawkgirl's resurrection will allow Doomsday to stay in the match for longer to build up his special damage, without worrying about his health.
- Any character and/orGear that increases power generation: Doomsday's passive is tied to his special attacks, so faster power generation means his passive has a better effect.
- Killer Frost/Prime: Her slow effect from her first special along with her passive reduce the opponent's ability to deal damage quickly, making it easier for Doomsday to build his damage.
- Hawkgirl/Prime: Snaring people on tag-in is counter-effective against Doomsday, as this will allow Doomsday to stay in the match longer.
- Raven/Prime: His one-hit SP1 can knock her out without the risk of health swap thanks to special damage boost.
- Aquaman/Prime: The summoned Atlantean Soldiers are great opponents for Doomsday to build up his special damage.
- Doomsday/Containment: Doomsday's SP2 gives no quarter to any resurrection effects, which is particularly harmful to this low health bullet sponge given Doomsday's ridiculous special damage.
- Sinestro/Antimatter: His passive will tag Doomsday out and drain his power, nullifying his passive. But as noted above, if Doomsday reaches his first boosts, it will remain there during the whole match, regardless of tagging out or not. Thus, the best way to counter him is to tag him out before he's in play for 7 seconds.
- Hawkgirl/Regime: Her passive will disable his specials for 5 seconds upon tag in.
- Darkseid/Apokolips: He has a high chance of applying one of the effects from his Combo Ender (Bleeding and Crit) on Doomsday that can severely limit Doomsday's health and cannot be removed without tagging out, thus can force the player to reset his passive (unless he reaches the first boost).
- Any character that can drain power: Doomsday's play style favors him staying in the field, but tagging out is often the best defense against power-draining characters. This means that, even if Doomsday reaches full boost, he will not have much power that can utilize this boost.
- Killer Frost/Prime, andSolomon Grundy/Earth 2: Doomsday cannot use special attacks as frequently due to their power dampening passives, although Grundy's passive only works when he or his Earth 2 teammate is tagged in.
- Superman/Injustice 2, Batman/Dawn of Justice, Wally West/Rebirth, and Reverse Flash: They can evade/negate specials.
Here are Doomsday's abilities.
|Ultimate Liftoff||First Special||Doomsday delivers a brutal, upwards shoulder attack.||Rapid Swipe|
|The Black Plague||Second Special||Doomsday unleashes a sequence of powerful blows before launching himself into the air to strike his prey from above.||Rapid Swipe, |
|Mass Destruction||Super Move||Doomsday's strength is unopposed as he delivers annihilation to his foes. UNBLOCKABLE.||Tap|
The Black Plague is considered two abilities used in succession in some ways: both the third and the fourth (final) hit applies DoT such as The Ibistick, and if the third hit knocks out an opponent, the next opponent may start using a special before the fourth hit, which is normally not possible within an enemy special.
The Black Plague is capable of dealing KO blows on all 4 hits in rapid succession, making it convenient for rushing through low level Challenge Mode battles.
Also, aside from the fact that his SP1 can be chained from his heavy basics like all other versions of Doomsday, he can also do the same with the said SP2.
Support Cards and Gear
Here are Doomsday's support cards and gear.
|Kryptonian Origin||Health||10% HEALTH BOOST.||6,000|
|Death of Superman||Damage||10% DAMAGE BOOST.||8,000|
|Fast Regeneration||Energy||10% ENERGY REGENERATION.||10,000|
|Bone Spikes (Mutated Bone Spikes)||Gear||
50% - 70% DAMAGE BOOST to basic attacks
[Doomsday] 15% - 25% UNBLOCKABLE chance on basic attacks
[EVOLVED] 100% HEAL SELF 10% - 15% on Special 1
|25,000 - 1,000,000 (upgrading)|
These stats are the final damage and health levels at level 50, per Elite rank, with ALL support cards, and without any augmentations. With the 2.13 update, Elite 8, 9, and 10 have been added. The Elite 10 damage and health levels are for level 60 characters. Numbers with a * after them may not be accurate, please allow for a discrepancy of '+1/-1' damage or health due to rounding inconsistencies in game code.
- Despite being an online challenge character, his promotions are "Available In Booster Packs". It was unknown for a long time if this was an error or foreshadowing a future pack.
- It was later revealed that his pack does exist (above).
- Even though he is a Doomsday character, he did not register as such for the requirement of the repeat for the Superman/Godfall's challenge held directly after Blackest Night Doomsday's first online season ended. This was fixed in the Superman/Injustice 2's Challenge.
- He is the second character to have his special be perfomed "outside" of the traditional left-to-right special (his SP2 showcased the perspective from above the player's POV). The first such character was Darkseid/Apokolips, and Superman/Injustice 2 has since displayed the same special performance following his release.
- He holds the record for the shortest Online Battle season, as his season on September 12, 2016 lasted only a few hours mainly due to a glitch.
- His SP2, "The Black Plague" can be seen as a combination of Doomsday/Prime's heavy combo and his SP2 "Earth Shake", followed by Doomsday/Regime's SP2 "Supernova".
- If Doomsday uses his SP2 against The Joker characters and they are not knocked out by the third hit, then the last hit may miss due to them getting knocked back by the third hit, which is unique for only Jokers.
- Unlike other Blackest Night characters, he lacks the characteristic coloration or effect in his special or super (Batman's super is not changed, but his special 2 has it; Martian Manhunter does not have blue, but his super has an additional black smoke effect; and both Hawkgirl and Superman have blue/purple effects on both specials and their super moves).
- Despite his appearance, he never appeared as an actual Black Lantern in the Blackest Night comic series, much like Deathstroke/Red Son and Solomon Grundy/Red Son, who never appeared in the Red Son comic series, despite their appearances in the game.