|Rarity||Base Stats||Price||Obtained From|
|Metal||2,600/3,000||N/A||Phantom Zone, Nth Metal Pack, Nth Metal Pro Pack, Nth Metal Ultimate Pack|
New 52 Black Adam is a Metal character introduced in the 3.2 update. Infamous with his infinite light combo loop, Black Adam is one of the best basic attackers available for player. Once evolved, his lightning damage assist is an effective tool against any tag-team, and his orbs can deal tremendous DOT to the enemy, making him serious threat to any team.
Currently, he cannot be unlocked and can only be obtained through the Nth Metal Pack, the Nth Metal Pro Pack, and the Nth Metal Ultimate Pack which can only be bought by using the new currency, Nth Metal, obtained from the new game mode, Phantom Zone and from Online Battles and Survivor Mode as of update 3.2. He also has a very small chance of being given as a reward upon completion of the Phantom Zone event, however, this will still not unlock him for direct promotions. Additionally, as a Metal character, it takes 25 total copies for him to get to EVII. As such, promoting him would take a long time or a large amount of real money.
Despite his base stats being double that of the best gold cards, that difference becomes less significant once he gains elite levels.
|Basic Combo||Damage Pattern (% of damage stat)||Total (including Combo Ender)|
|Light (Combo Ender)||2% - 2% - 2% - (4% - 4%)||14%|
|Heavy||4% - 4% - 4%||12%|
The Combo Ender is Black Adam charging a lightning orb that hits 2 times, of which only the second hit can KO an opponent.
He can chain his light attack with the combo ender (you have to wait for the enemy to bounce once then attack) into his heavy attacks or into another light combo (This works best when they are up against the edge of the arena).
Whenever Black Adam tags in, he gains an orb that deals a continuous electric DOT that hits for 3.3% of his damage stat every second. He can have up to a maximum of 5 orbs active at one time. The orbs' damage stack, but with greatly reduced damage beyond the first - 3.3%, 3.6%, 3.9%, 4.2%, and 4.5% for 1 to 5 orbs respectively.
Orb damage can crit by the use of crit chance augments. He can also add orbs with Dark Power Specials. The orbs he get from performing Dark Power specials do not deal as much damage as the orbs from tagging in.
Even after Black Adam tags out, the orbs will be retained. Therefore, he can keep stacking orbs provided there's no special attack to get rid of them. One orb is removed per Special hit he receives from the opponent.
Though not explicitly stated in Black Adam’s passive, each orb can only reduce 10% Special attack damage for each Special hit he receives from the opponent (e.g. if he has 2 orbs and is hit by a special with 5 equal hits, only the first two hits are reduced, so both orbs are consumed for an overall 4% damage reduction), making it quite weak.
Orbs will also be consumed by DOT or The Master's Death Cart's tag-in damage, if they fall within the timeframe of a special.
Unlike other similar effects, orbs are consumed even if the enemy special hit is negated by Invulnerability on Black Adam.
His lightning damage assist deals 3% of his damage stat on enemy tag-in (including if they were forced to tag in due to a KO), briefly staggering them. It works whether Black Adam is either tagged in or tagged out and can knock out an opponent at low health. It occurs slightly after a tag-in and thus can be blocked (reducing damage by 25%), and block gear can further reduce damage (e.g. LexCorp Helmet V2).
Sometimes, if it knocks out an opponent, it can soft-lock the match, making it impossible to complete and forcing the player to quit the match.
Quite queerly, if a special is activated right as the lightning assist hits, the stagger cancels the Special attack entirely, thereby wasting all used power. The Tanu Totem will refund power in this case. This does not take place if the lightning strikes after the Special has begun; if this is the case, the assist will do 0 damage and the Special will continue as normal. This is clearly visible with cards such as Harley Quinn/Suicide Squad's SP1, in which there is a long delay between special activation and damage being dealt.
If a multi-hit special attack knocks out an enemy and the next one tags in during the special, Black Adam can perform lightning damage assist and prevent that opponent from blocking, allowing the rest of that special to land unblocked. This is especially useful for multi-hit specials that can only KO on the last hit when paired with The Batman Who Laughs/Metal with Quake Engine, because bleed can make all hits become lethal and Quake Engine will re-trigger the DOT when the next foe tags in, allowing the next hits to knock out that foe and finally the last enemy can be KO'd by the last hit of that special, and the lightning assist can help prevent block.
Dark Power generation
Black Adam can also boost Dark Power generation, which will only work with Nth Metal characters. Though not impressive, it can kind of help in generating a Dark Power SP2, which generates at a really slow rate.
After evolving, he can start to gain orbs with Dark Power specials and his passive can be upgraded to gain a maximum of 3 orbs on tag-in, guarantee a lightning damage assist on every opponent tag-in and greatly increase his team Dark Power generation.
Since he can perform nearly infinite light combo loop, this gives him a powerful synergy with gears like Overpowered 5-U-93-R, Ra's al Ghul's Scimitar, Gauntlets of Azrael and other gears which improve basic attacks (Promethium Longsword, Powered Eskrima Sticks, Mutated Bone Spikes, etc.) as he can keep them in a loop as long as he keeps getting his combo ender. His SP2 has stun in the middle of the special, therefore, it's a good idea to equip him with Cloak of Destiny or Nekron's Scythe, allowing him to deal huge damage on the last hit if unblocked.
Please note that battles are highly situational: this section only mentions cards that have mechanics that, for any reason, are particularly effective with/against, or particularly ineffective against Black Adam. Having a card that "counters" Black Adam does not mean it is always a good choice.
- Nth Metal characters: His Dark Power generation boost only affects Metal characters.
- Shazam/New 52: As the only Metal character that has direct synergy with him, Shazam provide damage reduction and basic attack boost to Black Adam.
- Sinestro/Antimatter: Forcing the opponent to tag out a lot will result in a storm of lightning assists.
- Hawkgirl/Prime: Black Adam can easily replenish his orbs with reduced tag cooldown.
- Catwoman/Batman Returns:Her passive gives his orbs +100% damage.
- Ares/Prime: Black Adam's SP2 can be easily canceled by simply blocking. If Ares triggers his passive, Black Adam's SP2 will become unblockable and thus cannot be canceled.
- Characters with multi-hit special attacks: As stated in Strategy.
- The Batman Who Laughs/Metal: As stated in Strategy.
- Hawkgirl/Prime: Hawkgirl's passive only encourages lightning assists to rain upon them.
- Green Lantern/Red Son and Batman/Beyond: The stun in the middle of his SP2 is not affected by their immunity to stun, which is useful to activate the "vs. stunned" boosts of Cloak of Destiny and Nekron's Scythe.
- Black Adam/Prime, and Black Adam/Regime: If the lightning damage assist from Ancient Power hits Black Adam while his Lighting Aura is active, his New 52 counterpart will receive damage from it.
- The Flash/Blackest Night: His orbs will heal The Flash instead of damaging him.
- The Master's Death Cart: When another character is tagged in with The Master's Death Cart, the hail of ~10 bullets will damage Black Adam while destroying all orbs of his passive. It is important to note that even though his passive usually deals damage when each of the orbs are hit, The Master's Death Cart will remove all of them without dealing damage to the character as it does not count as an attack from said character per say.
Here are Black Adam's abilities.
|Electric Burst||First Special||Black Adam unleashes a burst of raw electricity to shock his opponent.||Rapid Tap|
|Lightning Prison||Second Special||Black Adam imprisons his opponent in an electrical cell, then shocks them with a powerful overload.||Quick Tap, Rapid Swipe|
|Teth-Adam||Super Move||Black Adam calls upon his ancient power to deliver a lightning-infused beatdown. UNBLOCKABLE.||Tap|
The second hit of Lightning Prison stuns the target if not blocked. If the first hit of Lightning Prison is blocked, the following hits would not be performed, further reducing damage dealt. He is only character in the game who can chain a special attack (his SP2) to his combo ender. This can be done by activating the special as soon as possible after landing his combo ender, while the opponent is still bouncing. One can use this ability to safely knock out an opponent without even letting them stand, by keeping them in a loop through his combo ender and then finishing them off with Lightning Prison once their health is low enough!
Support Cards and Gear
Here are Black Adam's support cards and gear.
|Isis||Health||10% HEALTH BOOST.||6,000|
|Shazam||Damage||10% DAMAGE BOOST.||8,000|
|Kahndaq||Energy||10% ENERGY REGENERATION.||10,000|
|Kahndaq Garb (Kahndaq Royal Garb)||Gear||
12% - 22% MAX HEALTH increase
[Black Adam] 20% - 30% LIFEDRAIN chance on Special 1
[EVOLVED] 20% - 30% CRIT chance on Special 1
|25,000 - 1,000,000 (upgrading)|
These stats are the final damage and health levels at level 50, per Elite rank, with ALL support cards, and without any augmentations. With the 2.13 update, Elite 8, 9, and 10 have been added. The Elite 10 damage and health levels are for level 60 characters. Numbers with a * after them may not be accurate, please allow for a discrepancy of '+1/-1' damage or health due to rounding inconsistencies in game code. Note that Metal characters cannot undergo Breakthrough.
- Black Adam/New 52 and Shazam/New 52 are currently the only Nth Metal characters to be based on a console skin.
- His passive orbs do not appear in the tutorial
- Black Adam/New 52's (25%-100%) chance to perform lightning damage assist on opponent Tag-In will deplete one of Black Adam's lightning orbs but Black Adam/New 52 will still take damage even if he is tagged out when his lightning damage assists activates; this will be shown as a quick red slash across his character icon.
- If his lightning assist knocks out the last enemy, the match may stuck and be unwinnable.